The Anderson Center has trained hundreds of people in accessible housing. Seminars are presented by our expert staff and include hands-on training. In 2017, we’re offering several seminars for seniors and professional audiences.
Senior Summer Seminar Series
Join us this summer for one or all of your favorite Aging in Place seminars on the second Tuesdays of June, July, and August. At these FREE seminars, you’ll discover accessibility solutions to successfully age in place from the experts at Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio. For more information, contact Beth at 216-231-0990 or email@example.com.
- For seniors, their family members, and caregivers
- Registration is required; register today at this link or by contacting Beth at 216-231-0990.
- All seminars include a tour of our fully accessible, newly-improved Demonstration Unit.
- All seminars will be held at Cotman Vistas in University Circle, 1725 East 115th Street, Cleveland.
- Coffee and light morning refreshments will be served.
- Tuesday, June 13, from 9:30 am to 12:00 noon
- Overview of best practices for aging in place
- Tuesday, July 11, from 9:30 am to 12:00 noon
- Deeper discussion on features that make bathrooms safer and more accessible
- Tuesday, August 8, from 9:30 am to 12:00 noon
- Deeper discussion on features that make kitchens easier to use
Seminars for Professionals
The experts at the Anderson Center are offering seminars throughout 2017. Each seminar is customized to meet the personal and professional needs of specific audiences. All seminars are held at Cotman Vistas in University Circle and include a tour of our fully accessible Demonstration Unit. Online registration will open in June; for more information and to register, contact Beth at 216-231-0990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility 201: Ensuring Client Success at Home
- For occupational and physical therapists; course is approved for 4 CEUs
- Tuesday, September 5 , from 12:30 to 5:00 pm
- Covers the accessibility features and resources clients need to stay safe and healthy at home
Designing for Access and Inclusion
- For interior designers
- Tuesday, September 26 (time to be determined)
- Learn how to design beyond code for true inclusion of people with disabilities
Accessibility 301: Understanding Individual Needs
- For social workers and caregivers
- Thursday, October 5, from 9:30 am to 12:00 noon
- Discover how to work with clients to make intelligent home modification decisions
Accessibility in Rental Units
- For property managers, landlords, and service coordinators
- Thursday, October 26 (time to be determined)
- Learn how to best meet the accessibility and safety needs of tenants
Need more training now? We take our show on the road! Listed below are some of our off-site offerings. Click here for a full menu of seminars and presentations that we can bring to you.
- Aging in place…on budget!(for seniors, caregivers, social service professionals)
- Accessibility 101: Buying and selling homes for seniors and people with disabilities (for real estate agents)
- Accessibility 201: Ensuring Client Success at Home (for occupational and physical therapists)
- Accessibility for volunteers with physical disabilities
For more info, contact Beth at 216.231.0990 or email@example.com.