Senior Summer Seminar Series
Join us this summer for one or all of your favorite Aging in Place seminars on the second Tuesdays of June, July, and August. At these FREE seminars, you’ll discover accessibility solutions to successfully age in place from the experts at Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio. For more information, contact Carolyn at 216-231-0990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is required; register today at this link or by contacting Carolyn at 216-231-0990.
- All seminars include a tour of our fully accessible, newly-improved Demonstration Unit.
- All seminars will be held at Cotman Vistas in University Circle, 1725 East 115th Street, Cleveland.
- Coffee and light morning refreshments will be served.
Aging in place…on a budget!
Tuesday, June 13, from 9:30 am to 12:00 noon
More than 90% of Cleveland seniors want to age in their own homes. At this seminar, seniors and caregivers can learn inexpensive ways to improve their homes so they can live in them longer.
Aging in place: Focus on the bathroom
Tuesday, July 11, from 9:30 am to 12:00 noon
Two-thirds of falls in the home happen in the bathroom; the right features can help prevent these falls. At this seminar, seniors and caregivers can learn how to modify their bathrooms for safety and discover best practices and resources.
Aging in place: Focus on the kitchen
Tuesday, August 8, from 9:30 am to 12:00 noon
The kitchen can be a dangerous place! At this seminar, seniors and caregivers can learn how to modify and renovate their kitchens for safety and efficiency.
The Anderson Center has trained hundreds of people in accessible housing. Seminars are presented by our expert staff and include hands-on training. We’re currently developing more of our 2017 schedule. Sign-up for MAHO news to be one of the first to know about future seminars and opportunities to learn about accessibility.
Need more training now? We take our show on the road! Listed below are some of our off-site offerings. Click here for a full menu of seminars and presentations that we can bring to you.
- Aging in place…on budget!(for seniors, caregivers, social service professionals)
- Accessibility 101: Buying and selling homes for seniors and people with disabilities (for real estate agents)
- Accessibility 201: Ensuring Client Success at Home (for occupational and physical therapists)
- Accessibility for volunteers with physical disabilities
For more info, contact Carolyn at 216.231.0990 or email@example.com.