Stephen P. Hansler has served as the Executive Director or President of Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio (MAHO) since its inception. Under his leadership, we have provided fully accessible housing to hundreds of people with mobility disabilities. We have also taught the necessity for and principles of accessible housing to government officials, housing professionals, consumers, and case workers. This award honors Steve’s commitment to attaining independent living through accessible housing.
Award criteria and qualifications:
- This award recognizes those who not only support the Mission, Vision and Values of Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio and Steve Hansler, but have also made an outstanding contribution to furthering them.
- Candidate’s accomplishments may be in their professional and/or voluntary roles.
- Candidates who have a history of involvement with MAHO as a tenant, staff member, Board member, volunteer, donor, or supporter are encouraged to apply.
- Self-nominations will be considered.
Mission, Vision, and Values:
Our mission is: Through housing, advocacy, and education, we advance accessible and inclusive communities where all people can thrive. Our vision and values statements are at http://www.maxhousing.org/about-us/mission/.
Selection process and guidelines:
The Hansler Award Selection Committee will select the award winner each year. The Committee is comprised of the President, three members of the Board of Directors, one staff member, and one Vistas tenant. Only complete nomination forms will be considered.
The award recipient will be notified by phone and honored at MAHO’s Annual Meeting on December 6, 2017 at Cotman Vistas (1725 East 115th Street, Cleveland). The nominator will be informed and invited to the Annual Meeting as well.
Award recipients will be presented with a plaque at the Annual Meeting award presentation. A permanent plaque with the names of all recipients of the award will be placed in the Anderson Center for Accessible Living. Award recipients will also be announced on the MAHO Web site and other publications.
Nominations must be received by November 13, 2017. They may be submitted by mail or e-mail:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to MAHO, Attn: Hansler Award, 1725 East 115th Street, Cleveland, OH 44106
Contact Steve Hansler at 216.231.0990 or email@example.com with any questions.