Through housing, advocacy, and education, Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio (MAHO) advances accessible and inclusive communities where all people can thrive. We envision a world that is accessible to all people regardless of ability: every person’s home meets their accessibility needs; every community is welcoming and inclusive to all residents and visitors; and everyone can obtain the resources necessary to ensure accessibility.
We fulfill our mission through two programs:
• The Vistas Apartment Communities provide accessible and affordable housing in Northeast Ohio.
• The Anderson Center for Accessible Living promotes accessibility–in our homes and in our communities–through education and advocacy.
2016-19 Strategic Plan
Our Mission, Vision, and Values statements lay the foundation for our strategic plan. MAHO strives to be a recognized leader in the field by providing and promoting accessible housing and more inclusive communities in various ways. Our values include collaboration; learning, listening, and sharing; and creative and sustainable solutions. These ideas are reflected in our goals for the 2016-19 program years:
- Be a leading resource in the region for information and education on accessibility, universal design, and visitability.
- Continuously improve the functionality and quality of service provided by the Vistas Communities.
- Increase the quantity and range of housing options with practicable accessibility features.
- Increase awareness of, understanding of, and engagement with accessibility issues and MAHO.
- Develop and maintain human capital to meet organizational needs.
- Cultivate diverse, sustainable revenue streams.
Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio is a GuideStar Exchange Gold Participant. MAHO’s annual financial statements are audited and have always received a “clean” unqualified opinion with no instances of material noncompliance with federal program regulations. MAHO’s 990s are available at www.guidestar.org.
Affiliations and Memberships
We are members of: