Apply for an Apartment
Please follow the steps on this page to ensure that the application process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Download the PDF of the MaxHousing Application here. You may also call us at 216-231-7221 to request a mailed paper copy of the application.
- Fill out the application as completely and accurately as possible. The more complete your application is, the more quickly we can process it.
- Fax us the application at 216-231-8008 or mail it to us at 1725 East 115th Street, Cleveland, OH 44106.
- It typically takes two to six weeks to process applications. We will contact you if we need more information and when your application is complete. The process includes a Credit and Criminal Background check.
- If your application is accepted, we will invite you to an in-person interview. If your application is approved, you will be added to the waiting list. The waiting list is sorted based on the date the application is received.
If you are planning on applying for an apartment, please read over the following information. The same information is also available on the application form.
- Applicants for MaxHousing buildings must be people with physical mobility disabilities. We require that applicants provide the name and contact information of a medical doctor who can verify their physical mobility disability and need for accessible housing.
- Applicants must be over age 18.
- Other than design accessibility and rental subsides, MaxHousing does not provide special disability-related services at its communities. This means that the tenant, either alone or with outside assistance that the tenant arranges, is responsible for securing meals, maintaining and cleaning their unit, personal assistance needs, emergency response, paying their rent, etc.
- Please note: All of our properties currently have waiting lists. The wait time may range from a few months to a few years. If you need accessible housing and are interested in MaxHousing apartments, we encourage you to apply to multiple properties, which can be done on one application.