Through housing, advocacy, and education, Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio (MAHO) advances accessible and inclusive communities where all people can thrive. We envision a world that is accessible to all people regardless of ability: every person’s home meets their accessibility needs; every community is welcoming and inclusive to all residents and visitors; and everyone can obtain the resources necessary to ensure accessibility.
We fulfill our mission through two programs:
• The Vistas Apartment Communities provide accessible and affordable housing in Northeast Ohio.
• The Anderson Center for Accessible Living promotes accessibility–in our homes and in our communities–through education and advocacy.
2016-18 Strategic Plan
Our Mission, Vision, and Values statements lay the foundation for our strategic plan. MAHO strives to be a recognized leader in the field by providing and promoting accessible housing and more inclusive communities in various ways. Our values include collaboration; learning, listening, and sharing; and creative and sustainable solutions. These ideas are reflected in our 2016-18 goals:
- Be a leading resource in the region for information and education on accessibility, universal design, and visitability.
- Continuously improve the functionality and quality of service provided by the Vistas Communities.
- Increase the quantity and range of housing options with practicable accessibility features.
- Increase awareness of, understanding of, and engagement with accessibility issues and MAHO.
- Develop and maintain human capital to meet organizational needs.
- Cultivate diverse, sustainable revenue streams.
Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio is a GuideStar Exchange Gold Participant. MAHO’s annual financial statements are audited and have always received a “clean” unqualified opinion with no instances of material noncompliance with federal program regulations. MAHO’s 990s are available at www.guidestar.org.
Affiliations and Memberships
MAHO is affiliated with Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry.
We are members of: