The mission of Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio (MAHO) is to provide and promote accessible housing solutions for people with physical mobility disabilities. Accessible housing has been our focus since our founding in 1981: hundreds of families have enjoyed independent living thanks to MAHO’s programs. Click here to revisit MAHO’s history. We celebrated our 35th anniversary in 2016; in 2017, we renew our commitment to increasing the accessible housing options in Northeast Ohio.
We fulfill our mission through two programs:
• The Vistas Apartment Communities provide accessible and affordable housing in Northeast Ohio.
• The Anderson Center for Accessible Living promotes accessibility through education and advocacy. We are in the process of developing new plans and activities for this program.
2016-18 Strategic Plan
Our Mission, Vision, and Values statements lay the foundation for our strategic plan. MAHO strives to be a recognized leader in the field by providing and promoting accessible housing in various ways. Our values include excellence, innovation, sustainability, and collaboration. These ideas are reflected in our 2016-18 goals:
- Be a leading resource in the region for information and education on accessibility, universal design, and visitability.
- Continuously improve the functionality and quality of service provided by the Vistas Communities.
- Increase the quantity and range of housing options with practicable accessibility features.
- Increase awareness of, understanding of, and engagement with accessibility issues and MAHO.
- Develop and maintain human capital to meet organizational needs.
- Cultivate diverse, sustainable revenue streams.
Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio is a GuideStar Exchange Silver Participant. MAHO’s annual financial statements are audited and have always received a “clean” unqualified opinion with no instances of material noncompliance with federal program regulations. MAHO’s 990s are available at www.guidestar.org.
Affiliations and Memberships
MAHO is affiliated with Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry.
We are members of: